This very quick and very easy pulled chicken recipe means you are never short of protein! There is little prep involved so no excuses.
There is an added carb bonus and the bottom of the recipe...... Enjoy.
Macros per serve
1 Tbsp Olive or Coconut Oil
1 Medium brown Onion, sliced
1 Tsp Crushed Garlic
1 Tsp Grated Ginger
400g Tin Diced Tomatoes
1kg Chicken Breast, in whole 1/2 breasts.
100ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 Bay Leaves
Juice of Half a Lemon
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
2 Tsp Tumeric
Fresh Cracked Pepper
Fresh Ground Himalayan Rock Salt
1) Heat Oil in Pressure Cooker on Saute
2) Add onion, garlic & ginger, salute till onion softens
3) Add 1/2 the tomatoes, bay leaf, lemon juice & oregano. Stir.
4) Place chicken breasts on top,
5) Add rest of tomatoes, salt & pepper
6) Mix turmeric in with stock & add. Stir to mix all ingredients.
7) Seal pressure cooker, cook on "Pot Roast" for around 20 mins.
8) Remove chicken when finished & continue boiling remaining liquid to reduce & thicken to desired consistency. Not to runny but not too thick.
9) Pull chicken apart with 2 forks then add reduced liquid.
10) Divide into 6 even portions.
Note: Can also be done in a pan on stove or started in pan then transferred to pressure cooker or oven safe dish & finished in oven (cooking times may vary).
Reduce liquid to own desired thickness
Save some of the liquid and add Cous Cous to it for a quick carb option. Macros dependant on amounts.