Macros per serve (based off 12 serves):
Serves 12 (your preference)
1500g beef brisket
1 red capsicum, stem removed
2 green capsicums, stems removed
1 large red chilli pepper
1 large stick of cinnamon
1 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs smoked paprika
1 heaped tbs dried oregano
800g Tin whole cherry tomatoes
2 bay leaves
400ml Real Beef Stock
4 fresh small red chillies
2 red onions
375g dried black beans, soaked as per directions on packet.
fresh coriander, finely chopped
red wine vinegar
salt & pepper
1. Place beef on a board & score one side
2. Bash cinnamon stick in a pestle then add cumin, paprika, oregano & mix
3. Rub into cuts in the brisket, season with salt & pepper & drizzle with olive oil.
4. Brown brisket well in a large pan over high heat.
5. Place bay leaves, whole capsicums, large chilli, tomatoes & stock in a large pot & bring to boil,
6. Meanwhile de-seed half the small chillies, finely slice all the chillies & the onions then add to pan with brisket, cook 5 mins. Transfer to the large pot.
7. Cover & leave to simmer for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally & adding the drained black beans in the final 1/2 hour.
8. Remove bay leaves then gently pull beef apart using 2 forks. Add a little red wine vinegar to taste.
9. Reduce to desired consistency then scatter over coriander & adjust seasoning to taste.
Great filling for:
or served with rice.